What is Conversational ad? Corrina Owens explains it with her super breezy style.
PEAKers are the Real Unicorns and they will jump on 1:1 conversations with fellow PEAKers. During my recent conversation with Corrina Owens, where we talked a lot about Demand Generation and ABM (how can we skip this topic) she suggested I should watch her session on The LinkedIn Ad Strategy that Converts–Tips & Tricks on Using LinkedIn Conversational Ads which she had done for PEAK Community members. Let me tell you, I had seen the topic floating around in the community, but I had no clue what “conversational ads” meant by. First, I had to educate myself about Conversational Ads. Here goes my key takeaways from the session:
- LinkedIn’s help section defines the term as. a. Conversation ads allow you to start conversations with professionals and business decision-makers via LinkedIn Messaging on both desktop and mobile devices. They are a form of native advertising displayed to LinkedIn members through Messaging based on the target audience created by the advertiser.Conversation ads may appear to be sent from a company or a LinkedIn member’s profile.
- This is a key element of your ABM playbook and it will not hurt you to include an incentive.
- Before launching this, get your what/who/when sorted out. Do note that the “when” part is pivotal to your strategy.
- The best part is messages never go away from the recipient’s inbox.
- Corrina backs up this tactic where B2B customers are definitely looking for personalized experiences and this can contribute to Net-New opportunity creation.
- Corrina explains it with the help of user case studies and it’s interesting to see how the integration works with the chatbot function. I have a previous experience in implementing the web chat tool and making this tactic as one of the trusted source by sales reps for lead generation, hence I was doubly interested to see how the responses which are received from the ad are directed to the chatbot. Chatbots are a real powerful medium, “if properly configured..
- It’s very important to include qualifying question.
- When you are building the audience, it’s important to note that the size should be 1k accounts/ 10k contacts.
- It was a learning experience to understand how can we do the optimization of ads.
You can integrate all the information received from this medium to your automation system! Isn’t that a music to the ears when integration between different tech stack and consolidation of the information for a contact is an Achilles heel for we the marketers.
Have you experimented with LinkedIn Conversational ads? What’s your experience been like? Look forward to hearing on that.